Monday, August 23, 2010

Dreams...

"... feel real while we're in them.
It's only when we wake up that
we realize something was actually strange."

I was at a "party" at a huge house with a bunch of people. Some of them I knew, but most of them were strangers to me. At this so called party, a man whose name I don't remember took it upon himself to teach us all how you should dance at a party. HE HAD A POWER POINT AND EVERYTHING FOR THIS LESSON! I don't remember much of the lesson, but I do remember him saying to disconnect your arms from your body and let them hang loose as if only skin is holding them there. (weird.) He also said that the key to better dancing is baggy clothing. He made us practice dancing and he came around and gave us pointers while we shook and slid around the room. Most people left at this point, including myself. I moved on to playing this game where you run around this maze and shoot people with a laser gun. I guess you could call this laser tag, except that it wasn't your typical laser tag game. We didn't have any lights strapped to us to shoot. Instead when you were shot you would die temporarily. When you woke up you were in a new spot and it was a new game. We played this quite a few times and as we played people came up with new tactics to beat me. (My game plan was to just run right up to people and shoot them before they could react.) They got pencils to stab me with when I would sneak attack. (I know this is morbid, but I have no control over what goes on while I sleep.) I quit playing after the first time I got stabbed because it hurt so bad!
The next thing I remember is dancing in the kitchen with a few other kids. A song came on that people who weren't dancing didn't like, but we turned it up because it wasn't up to them what we danced to.
After that, I was in my own house talking to my sister. She said she had something important to do. She said she had to go over to the Caron's house (they live right down the street from me) and warn Joe (my brothers best friend). It was eleven at night. There was no way I was letting her go now. But she said it was important that Joe wouldn't conform and turn his music down during the day. I didn't know why or even really care, so I just let her go. As I watched her walk away, she turned into a lion. After a few hours she still wasn't back. I checked the clock and it was four in the morning. I decided that I had to go get her. So I walked to the Caron's house and snuck in. I walked upstairs and what I found shocked me. My friend from Utah, who the Caron's don't know, was sleeping in their house. I woke him up to find out what he was doing there. He told me that he just got back from his mission and he was having trouble sleeping, so the Caron's took him in. But he said I shouldn't be there because Mrs. Caron had him on a strict sleeping pattern and if she found me, she would lock me away. I told him that I had to find my sister and he said that she was still talking to Joe and that I shouldn't worry. As I was about to leave, I heard Mrs. Caron coming. I jumped into the bathroom really quick and hid behind the door. But there was a trash back on the door handle that wouldn't stop moving. As Mrs. Caron explored the room, I knew she suspected something was wrong. So I came out of hiding and began to explain myself.
Then I felt the pain in my side return from when I was stabbed and it hurt so bad that it woke me up.

2 comments:

  1. dude have you seen "couple's retreat"? that movie has this guy who makes powerpoints and shows them at parties. p.s. your new house is totally awesome. better thank sarah for picking out the bigger bedroom for you guys ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. no i haven't seen it, but i'll jump on that. haha.
    AND I KNOW I'M SO EXCITED TO MOVE IN!!! I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice:)

    ReplyDelete