Monday, August 27, 2012

I've been called to serve as a missionary

I arrived home from my trip to Lake Powell on a Friday around 11:00am. I checked the mail and there I found the left overs from Thursday. Just bills and such. My family (which only consisted of my mom, my brothers, and myself because Sham was spending a few more days in Utah and my dad was driving my car back from Utah) decided to go to dinner at Olive Garden that evening. Before we left I decided to check the mail. In it I found the best piece of mail I have ever received in my whole life! I finally got my mission call. While at dinner, I called a bunch of family members to let them know that I'd be opening my call that evening. Around 9:00 that evening my cousin Amy and her kids came over along with her brother Brandon, his wife Megan, and their baby. We skyped on one computer with my mom's parents in St. George and her older brother. On another computer we skyped with Sham and a bunch of family on my dad's side of the family at my grandparent's house in Orem. On my phone was my best friend Kyle (Sarah would've been called or skyped too, but she had plans already). Lastly on my mom's iPad we were on facetime with my dad. He recorded me opening my call. Everytime I watch this I cry. It melts my heart and just makes me so happy to have the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father. Please note: At this point, my sister had her wedding planned to be November 17th.


I am so excited for this opportunity. Words can't describe how grateful I am for the gospel in my life. I have been blessed beyond measure and there is nothing more I want to do right now than share the gospel with the world.

I am also glad to say that after I got my call to leave on the 7th, we were very blessed to have things work out. My sister was able to change her wedding date to November 3rd so I don't have to miss it.

2 comments: