Friday, April 1, 2011

BEST.DREAM.EVER.

So the other night I had an awesome dream. It wasn't crazy like my usual dreams, but it was fantastic. Read on:)

My roommates and I were volunteering to help Japanese refugees find a place to stay at this big refugee camp we were volunteering at. Tons of Japanese people were being shipped over to the US and we were placing them in rooms for the night. (It was like a big free hotel, and very busy.) It was difficult to help them though because most didn't understand English. Then I came across this particular Japanese man and his family. I had a feeling that maybe he knew Chinese. Our conversation went as follows.

你们说中文吗?
do you all speak chinese?

一点。
a little.

我也说一点中文。
i also speak a little.

谁说日本文?
who speaks japanese?

我的室友说日本文。
my roommate speaks japanese.

你认识不认识...
do you know... (the name he said was japanese.)

对不起,不认识,可是我的室友说日本文。那是她。你和你的家以起去吧。
i'm sorry, i don't. but my roommate speaks japanese. That's her (i was pointing now). You and your family go together.

谢谢。
thanks. (he said walking away.)

不客气。
you're welcome.

That was it. I had a whole conversation in Chinese in my dream. It was fantastic:)

No comments:

Post a Comment