Just when I thought my subconscious couldn't get any weirder, I had another dream.
I was a man. And I was an adult. And I had a son. But thats not really important.
My family was at a reunion on my mom's side. We were in a cabin on a cliff, and it was dangerous to go out back because there was no fence stopping you from sliding off to your death. My cousins Aaron and Adam were telling my sister about how theres this road a little way away from the cabin that is famous for being the most dangerous road to drive down. This road has a beginning and an end. At the beginning there is a parking lot and you can't see the road because it is over the cliff. There are trees all around it and the road is just over the edge. Its so steep that even if you press on your breaks the whole time you'll still go really fast down the road. No one drives up it because that would be impossible. The trees all around it have branches poking out that you have to dodge. People win awards for making it through the road alive. But most people don't make it. At the end of the road is another cliff that you fall off of and land in a huge lake. Before you land in the lake you're supposed to get out of the car so that you don't hit the water in the car because then you die. Because of this, people drive down the road without their seat belts on to make for an easy exit when you get to the end. Even this part is dangerous too because if you land in the wrong place you'll die in the rocks. My sister decided to drive it. I stayed in the house and waited. A little while later she came inside excited because she did it! She drove down the road, dodged all the branches, and got out of the car during the fall! She was soaking wet from landing in the water.
I decided to drive the road also. I hiked up to the parking lot and got a car that I was going to drive. I came just in time because people were lined up to drive the road and we all decided that we were gonna time ourselves to see who could do it the fastest. I was first to go. I got in my car and went over the edge. I was going so fast that I didn't really have the chance to think about what was happening. Saying that there were a few branches sticking out was an understatement. There were A TON! And they were huge with sharpened tips. I was driving and dodging things and getting closer and closer to making it to the drop off. Suddenly I hit a branch on the left. My car started spinning out of control and I flew out and impaled myself on a branch hanging right out over the drop off. It didn't kill me though and I just stayed there hanging over the the drop off with a branch through my stomach. I heard the next car coming down. Right as he drove off the cliff he jumped out of the car. He had made it and I was gonna lay there and die on this branch. Then I saw the guy down at the bottom climb out of the water and pull out his phone. A few seconds later there was a helicopter with a guy hanging down to get me. He cut off the branch and they brought me to the ER where they saved my life. The rest of the reunion I could hardly move or breathe and my son clung to my side because he thought I had died and didn't want to lose me again.
No comments:
Post a Comment