Sunday, July 18, 2010

[R]apid [E]ye [M]ovement

It pleases me greatly to announce that I've had yet another crazy dream to add to my list of subconscious motion pictures.

I was with five of my friends [Macey, Sarah, Haylee, Shandi, and some chick I've never seen before, but I'm positive we were close]. The six of us (who are all in college) were first in line to go see this sixth grade play. My friends were are thrilled, but I quite honestly was embarrassed to be there because I didn't want people I knew to see me in line to hang out with a bunch of elementary school kids. The play was in a cafeteria and the stage along with the area for the seats was blocked off by hedges with one entrance. When we got there the seats hadn't even been set up yet but I saw a bunch of random people I knew in high school setting up for the event. When the chairs were finally set up we sat in the front row. [Only six chairs across]. This event was quite exclusive considering that there were only about 30 seats. NO PARENTS ALLOWED. The stage wasn't really a stage either. There was a long fence built replacing one of the walls of hedges. There was a canopy attached to the fence to keep the actors dry in case of rain [even though we were inside]. The play began. The class of kids walked in and each took their place sitting on the fence. They all began saying there lines and a few of them, I noticed, had real potential as actors. But most of them were too quiet to hear. I don't remember what the play was about, but I remember some of the characters: a married couple, a Mormon girl, and a bunch of random children that all had really really terrible things going on in their lives. And by terrible I mean beaten, emaciated, or just unloved in general. I couldn't understand the plot because I only heard a few lines. Suddenly their teacher yelled out to them all that we couldn't hear them and so they were fired. They all sunk their heads and walked out of the hedged off area. A completely new cast came in to pick up where they left off. Then there was a break in time and I was sitting on the fence watching the play from on stage. In fact I wasn't just watching... I WAS IN IT! At least I think I was because I had lines. Also another thing had changed. We weren't in the cafeteria anymore. The hedged/fenced off area and everything in it was floating high in the sky over Taiwan. We were quickly moving further east. It appeared that we had begun to orbit the earth. The view was gorgeous. There were colors and clouds all around us. WE LITERALLY WERE IN A RAINBOW. My friends who were still there [now consisting of only Shandi, Sarah, and the new girl] and myself decided that this probably wasn't the best place for us to be. We pulled one of the actors in the play off stage and into the corner of the room. This actor was HUGE. He was about six and a half feet tall and extremely fat. We told him that we needed to get back on dry land. He said he might be able to help. Then he laid on his stomach and we all climbed onto his back. He pushed his body with his arms and launched himself [with us on top] right through the hedge and into the sky. We soared for a few minutes then landed in this really soft black sand. The sand was warm on our feet. We dug our toes into it when we realized it was only and inch deep. Underneath the sand was a layer of really soft plastic. The plastic was different colors and the colors were moving. If you pushed some of the sand aside it would flow right back to where it was. We made sand angels and rolled around in it revealing the colors beneath us for only a few seconds before the sand moved back. It was fun, but ultimately we knew we had to get home. Unfortunately the fat child [who was laying and basking in the sun] hadn't brought us to just dry land, he brought us to a completely different planet. He wouldn't take us back to earth so we stayed there and made sand angels hoping that someone would see the colors and come get us.
The end.

I promise I'm not on drugs. I just have really ridiculous thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. i think i don't remember my dream from last night because i was too busy being in yours..

    but that's okay cause even though i don't remember it, it sounds like i had a blast! (:

    ReplyDelete