Wednesday, June 8, 2011

California Dreamin! [part 2]

The time has come for me to finish writing about my trip.
Like I said, when we came home on Saturday we all just crashed in our beds.
My legs were super sore from playing soccer and I had a killer sunburn due to my lack of responsibility. My arms hadn't gotten burned, but my face was pretty red and the back of my legs were RIDICULOUS!

The next day was Sunday. The singles ward met at 1:30 so we all lazily woke up in the morning whenever our heart desired. I woke up at nine because my internal clock is set for 8:30 church.
After moseying around for a bit, I went to shower.
Before I showered I put in my contacts.
When I made it to the shower, I realized that my left eye still couldn't see.
I checked in the mirror and realized that I had missed my eye completely!
I ran back to the other bathroom but couldn't find my contact anywhere.
In case you're thinking this is the most useless story of your life right now, let me tell you how big of a deal this is.
I've been wearing the same pair of contacts since December because I have no more pairs. My optometrist also won't send me any new contacts until I get my prescription updated.. which I have to do in Virginia. I'm clearly not in Virginia.
I also can't just wear my glasses to the beach because they would get ruined and sandy and that would be awful.
I took out my other contact and showered blind.
MY BURN HURT SO BAD!
But I lived.
After my shower I found my contact crumpled up somewhere around the sink. It had started to dry out so I let it soak in solution for the next little few minutes while I worked on my Chinese homework.

That story was a complete waste of time.
haha:)

Church was fantastic. We only went to the first hour, but it was seriously good. The singles ward there was pretty big. After church we walked around the temple for a bit. The stake center there is right across the parking lot from the beautiful Redlands Temple.

When we got home, we helped Momma Misken prepare dinner. We were having Cafe Rio Style Burritos!

I was clearly super excited, but also SUPER HUNGRY!

When they were ready we all stuffed our faces big time!
I ATE FOUR BURRITOS!
And the whole time I ate, all I could think was:
"This is the best burrito, I've ever eaten. YUM YUM YUM!!"

After our meal, Tyler convinced us to watch his "favorite movie."
We settled down in the living room for what turned out to be the second worst acting I've ever seen. (Second to the Twilight Saga). The movie was good though and had a great message.

There were move people that joined in during the movie. After the crowd died off this group somehow morphed into a beauty parlor/massage line where we had some MAJOR girl bonding time!

We all sat and talked for well over an hour.
And it was perfect.

Later that evening, we had a group scripture study lead by Papa Misken.
We talked about how honor is power and how the adversary tries to take away our honor.
The spirit was very strong and the discussion was extremely uplifting.
I LOVE THE CHURCH!

We played games for the next hour until the people staying at Cooper's house left and we all went to bed.

The next morning we met at nine, packed all of our stuff and headed off to Newport beach.
First of course, we stopped at the H&M at Tyler Mall. I got new shoes, a new shirt, and the perfect new dress!

We only stayed for a few hours because we needed to drive back to Provo, but while we were there I got to walk along the beach with two of the most amazing girls of my life!
We were the only people there in modest swim suits so we stuck out like a soar thumb.
HOWEVER, we were definitely the most beautiful:)

We played some volley ball also and laid out on our towels. I put sun screen on my face, but thats it. When we left, my legs were fine, but my shoulders had gotten really burnt. And somehow my nose got burnt again, and much worse this time.

We headed out around 4:30pm. By the time we had changed and stopped by In & Out again, we were on the road back to Provo by 5:30pm.

This was the exit crew!
In my car we had myself, Andrea, Ashley and Ashley. I just met the Ashleys on this trip and we are already completely obsessed with each other!

While we drove home a small red sports car from Nebraska pulled up next to us. They rolled down the window and yelled out to us asking if we drove all the way from Virginia to California. I told them that I had stopped in Utah for eight months to go to school.

That was it.

Or so we thought.

About five minutes later, they caught up to us again and rolled down their windows. They asked where we were headed. I told them Provo, Utah. They asked if we wanted to stop and hang out in Vegas with them. I said I couldn't because I had work the next day. After a bit more convincing, I still declined and they drove off.
We laughed so hard!

When we reached Vegas it was time to stop for gas. We refilled and were just about to head out again, this time with Ashley driving. None of us felt like driving in the middle of the night was a good idea. Luckily, Ashley's mom called and said we could stay at her grandparents winter home in St. George. We made it the next couple of hours and stopped there for the night.

Andrea drove the rest of the way home in the morning and we made it back just in time to get ready for work and get back into my Provo routine.

The trip was FANTASTIC!
I couldn't have asked for a better weekend and a better group of people to go with.
I have been officially converted to being a lover of California and I wish I could afford to go back EVERY WEEKEND!

The end:)

*Photo credit goes to Reesa Tirrell and Camille Lucero

3 comments:

  1. I am SO happy you love where I am from. I live 5 miles from Huntington and Newport Beach! Even though I could never convince Shandi to make this trip with me, I am happy you were able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we need to plan a fantastic road trip next year. i've decided. slash i had the best burrito of my ever life last week at chipotle <3 yumyumyum. MISS YOU SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. i'm glad you woke up at 9 when you usually have church at 8:30
    2. H&M?!? so jealousssss.
    3. that burrito song is awesome. yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete