Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer in Provo!

I'm so bad at updating my blog.
I mean I've always been bad, but summer is clearly not the high point of my blogging career.
So I'm gonna try to update without being WAY too boring.

During the spring term I took Chinese 102!
It took a lot of hard work, but I loved every second of it!
I also continued working at the Testing Center.
AND I BROKE 10,000 TESTS!

I also went to California for the first time ever.
IT WAS AMAZING!!

At the beginning of spring term, I was called in church to be the Relief Society Secretary.
That calling has been amazing to have so far.
I became so close to my ward in the spring that I just didn't want to leave.
I decided to stay in Provo for the rest of the summer.
[much to my mother's disappointment.]

During spring term, I also made a pretty big decision.
I decided that I want to go on a mission for the church.
I can't go for awhile since I'm only 19, but I'm so excited to and I feel really good about my decision!

A couple days ago I got "Preach My Gospel" so I'm beginning my studying and preparation for my mission:)

After Spring term ended, I went home to Virginia to visit for a couple weeks.
While I was there I spent time in DC with my siblings and watched "The Middle" with my mom as well as went shopping and had other forms of major girl bonding time. My family went into DC for the fireworks over the 4th of July.
IT WAS FANTASTIC!

On the fifth I headed back to Provo and everyday life.
I got back to working at the testing center, writing my play, and hanging out with my roommates (who I missed so much when I was gone).

I also searched for another job.
AND I FOUND ONE!
I am currently training to be the assistant manager of Canyon Terrace Apartments.
WEIRD, HUH?
I love it so far.
The great part is that I don't work a ton so during fall semester I can work there and still be at the testing center a couple hours a week.

Next big change?
I'm changing my major!
FOR THE THOUSANDTH YET LAST TIME!
Tomorrow I'm going to the office to apply.
I'm going to study Elementary Education and I couldn't be happier!
I know I say this every time I change my major, but this is definitely the last time:)

That's pretty much everything that is happening.

My parents are coming in town on Friday for my cousins' weddings. I can't wait to see them.
Oh and I'm moving in exactly three weeks.
SO WEIRD!
I'm excited to get a new apartment, but I'll definitely miss what I have now.
I have a good life:)
And that is all that matters.

2 comments:

  1. less blogging = more interesting things IRL ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i love getting the chance to stalk you when you blog! i already knew everything you said but its good for you to write it all out (: SO PROUD love/miss youuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete