I recently wrote a ten minute drama for my theatre class at BYU. The essence of the play is to forgive someone no matter what they've done. Basically what happens is a girl has been murdered and she gets to a waiting room in heaven (she's waiting for her 'final judgement') and she meets her murderer (who happened to also die in this event). At first she doesn't know that he killed her. They even become friends. Then he admits to what he's done and begs for forgiveness.
So I wrote this play for my class. We've been split up into groups (everyone wrote a play) and as a group we have to pick someones play to produce. My happy little group selected my play, which I'm extremely excited for. We proceeded to select a director. We picked a boy who I think will do an incredible job. And I'm the stage manager. I've never managed a play before so this is a completely new thing for me and I'm looking forward to it so much! In fact tomorrow in class we're holding our auditions.
On the eve of fully choosing our cast and production team, I've been thinking so much about what prompted me to write his play about the ultimate forgiveness. Perhaps I'm holding grudges that I need to let go of. Perhaps there are things that I've done that I need to seek forgiveness. Either way, I honestly feel that the script was inspired. Part of me feels this way because i actually came up with the show in a dream... yes, my dreams are fairly vivid and could be real life situations. I think I get that from my mom.
Anywho, back to the topic at hand, forgiveness is such a powerful tool. Imagine a world where people forgave others without any question. For me, that's utopia.
utopia to the extreeeeeeeme.
ReplyDeletei'll take that anyday (: can't wait to see your show, you big time screenwriter!