1. Mom and dad, if you're reading this, know that I'm thinking about you so much right now. I love you both so much and I really am so grateful for all that you've sacrificed for me for the past eighteen years. Both of you have been so perfect for me and I simply haven't loved you back enough. I'm sorry for that, but now you should know how much I absolutely love and adore you both. You are my heroes and I thank you.

2. Shandi, Garrett, and Braeden, you three light up my world. I remember clear experiences when I've been having a hard time and each of you (whether you knew I was struggling or not) lifted me up and told me how much you love me. You all are incredible in your own way and this world is definitely a better place with you on it.
3. I love to dance. Before high school started I danced for quite awhile, until I quit. I missed it so much but was too involved in high school activities that I didn't have time to start up again. More recently, in college I've been taking dance classes again and I love it so much. However, about a week ago I strained my right hip flexor. I can still dance okay, but my right leg has become so weakened by the injury. It hurts to do a lot of things that were so easy to me before. I never realized how much I love dancing and appreciate the use of my limbs until it was taken away. The good thing is that I can repair, but I'll appreciate myself much more now that I know what its like to physically have trouble with my dancing.
4. I also love to sing. I've taken vocal lessons for a long time so now I suppose I'm actually pretty decent. More recently, my voice teacher and I have been preparing for my Musical Dance Theatre audition (auditions were held almost a week ago). In my preparation there were a few weeks when I was sick (in December) and I couldn't sing. This was such a struggle for me. With my sore throat almost constantly hurting, any attempt to sing could really damage my vocal cords. I had to completely withdraw myself from singing for awhile. THAT WAS SO DIFFICULT FOR ME! Imagine being told to stop breathing for a few weeks while your lungs had to heal. Thats what it was like. Thank goodness I managed to stay healthy the entire month before my audition!
(This picture was taken when I was actually singing... Thats why I don't look normal)
5. My friends made fun of me today when I told them that I know God exists because the printer worked. But I promise this story is legitimate. The open access printer in my dorm building hasn't been working lately. I had two minutes til I had to leave for class today and I had to get my script printed up. I swiped my card literally twenty times and the printer would not work. Eventually I sucked up my pride and impatience and I said a prayer that this would work. LITERALLY the next swipe of my card worked. That's why I know God exists. I'm so grateful for Him and His son. Without them, I would be nothing.
6. I'm also grateful for airplanes. I know this seems like something odd to blog about, but really. They are so so incredible! I go to school all the way across the country from my family. I needed to go home one weekend, AND I COULD!! This is all because we have airplanes. It bugs me when people complain about delays and discomfort on a plane. JUST BE GRATEFUL YOU CAN FLY!!
There's really so many more things that I take for granted in this world, but frankly right now I'm really tired so I'm going to bed. WHICH REMINDS ME!!
I'm thankful for beds, pillows, heating and air conditioning, bathrooms with stalls, plumbing, running water, food, modern technology, modern medicine, knowledge about hygiene, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment