Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm proud to announce my sister's wedding.

Before you begin reading, click on this link. Let the music play while you experience this incredible journey with my family.


Last night I had a dream that my sister got married. It was literally the happiest dream I've ever had [perhaps with the exception of my Broadway debut as Glinda working alongside Idina Menzel and other members of the Glee cast].

But my other dreams are unimportant because it's Shandi's time to shine!

It was her wedding day. Her fiancé was extremely attractive. His name was Alex and he had blonde hair. I can't describe him, but I can see him so clearly in my mind. My sister was a lucky girl.

Her wedding dress was simple.
Just like this one except with a large gold bow around the waist.
She looked absolutely gorgeous. Her hair was curled and pulled up in a beautiful design on her head.

Her colors were lavender and gold. The bridesmaids [there were three of us] wore plain lavender dresses with the same gold bow around the waist.
They looked kind of like this except lavender.
However, like many brides, my sister went a little crazy on her wedding day. [And because all of my dreams have an aspect of insanity, this fits perfectly.] She made all of the bridesmaids take off our dresses because she HAD to fix them. She pulled out colored sharpies and proceeded to draw flowers, smiley faces, peace signs, and hearts on the dresses. We didn't complain because this was her day. Actually when we put the dresses back on they were perfect!

It was time to head to the wedding. Wherever the temple was, it was quite a drive to get there from the mansion that we all got ready at. We all piled into beautiful carriages. Shandi and Alex were in the first carriage and the bridesmaids and grooms men followed closely behind. Pulling up the rear was the families of the happy couple.
We rode through rolling hills to on our way. It was a beautiful sight.
I had never seen my sister so happy.

Then we hit land mines and we all exploded. Everything was in slow motion. People flying everywhere. There was a lot of color and we all were still happy about the day even though we were dying. There was no blood [of course because it was a dream].
There was music playing while we exploded. It was a beautiful sight.
I felt like we were in a movie.


Even though it ended in disaster, this was one of the happiest days of my life.

6 comments:

  1. haha....i think this is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could live in your dreams. they seem so much cooler than real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahaha That's so ___ (insert a fabulous-amazing-ridiculous word)!! Oh. Wow. I have many thoughts swirling through my mind right now.
    1. I think it is funny that Shandi was engaged to a blonde ... only because she tends to prefer brunettes
    2. I pictured a 3 yr old Shandi while she was graffiti-ing the dresses
    3. Interesting ended to an otherwise blissful day. It makes me wonder why such a morbid thought would incorporate itself into your dream.
    At least I'm glad that you felt so happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shandi, no pressure or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think your sister is meant to marry alex andrews when he gets back from the mish..

    it sounds like a wedding he'd enjoy, and he matches your description PERFECTLY.

    no wonder you were so drawn to him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps the captcha word thingie i had to enter before i submitted my comment on this post was "manti."

    SHE'S PROBABLY GETTING MARRIED IN THAT TEMPLE.

    just sayin'. it fits.

    ReplyDelete