Now I am so dead. Now I am so dead.
I am literally the ultimate pack rat. I never throw anything away. If you walk into my room there is useless stuff everywhere.
old birthday cards
empty shoe boxes
shopping bags from unique stores
a bunch of jewelry that I never wear
ribbons and bows
headbands
a plethora of pillows and stuffed animals
empty journals
souvenirs from all over the world
card games
empty cd cases
movies that I never put back after I watched them
puzzles
lotion that I don't use
empty picture frames
empty perfume bottles
a kerosene lamp
photo albums with no pictures in them
boxes of beads and string
instruction manuals from cameras or phones that I don't have anymore
binders and old papers from classes in high school
a piggy bank with only three pennies in it
old EFY notebooks
pens, pencils, highlighters, and scissors
a spoon
glow sticks that I'll probably never use
Now I'm not saying that all of this stuff needs to be thrown away. But I think I'm trapped in this illusion that perhaps maybe one day I'll need the old things I have. Like I'm ever going to pull out the notes from middle school or my old EFY notebooks and read them? WHEN DO I HAVE TIME?! The fact is, I don't have time. So today I've been going through my stuff and getting rid of the things I don't need. [Obviously I'm not throwing away everything on that list... I think I'll wash the spoon and keep it] As I've looked through old things I found a picture that brought memories rushing back to mind :)

me. hilary. lisa.
These are my two best friends from elementary school. This picture was taken July of 2000. We were 8 years old. At the time, Hilary went by her middle name. We called her Annie. She moved to Utah after fifth grade. After Annie left, Lisa and I weren't in the same sixth grade class. Then when middle school arrived we hardly talked. We were involved in different things. Eventually Lisa moved to Colorado. Hilary and I still keep in touch, but mostly the three of us have gone our separate ways. Looking at this picture reminds me of this short lived, yet AWESOME, friendship. I can't write about all the fun we had because it simply would take to long. But we had a great time together. We played all the time after school and on the weekends. Lisa was with me when I found out my little brother was born and when we discovered that I talk in my sleep. Hilary took swim lessons with me during the summer. Both of them helped me out when I slid into the freezing river during the winter. And everyday during the school year we played together at recess. We walked around with our arms linked for the allotted half hour time slot and sang a little song that we made up.
"FBI shot me in the eye. Now I am so dead. Now I am so dead.
FBI shot me to the moon. Now I am a loony toon. Now I am a loony toon."
We were peculiar, but we were best friends, and we had a great time.
I miss you Lisa and Hilary.
No comments:
Post a Comment