Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inception meets anchorman.

I had probably one of my most confusing dreams of my life last night.
It was absolutely wonderful!

For the first part, I was an outsider looking in.
There was a reporter. She looked a lot like me, but not exactly. She was thin and blonde, but definitely taller than me. And she was much prettier. This reporter had a mentor. The mentor had short brown curly hair. She was fairly short herself and also kind of plump. Not huge, but not particularly thin either. They didn't work for any news station. The mentor used to be great, but she sort of fell off the map. This young reporter wanted to make it big so the two of them would run around chasing stories so that maybe one day her dream would come true. They got a tip about a haunted house in the middle of nowhere and they decided to check it out.

The two of them went to this house in the middle of nowhere. Just by looking at this place you would never guess that it was haunted. It was fairly large and extremely colorful! In fact it looked fake because there was so much color. The young reporter decided that it didn't look haunted, but since they got a tip from a good source they should check it out. There's bound to be a good story behind this place. They walk up and knock on the front door. A beautiful woman answers. She was wearing a nice shirt and jeans and and apron. She was holding a bowl and plastic spoon and mixing something to put in the oven later. The reporter told her that they received a tip about this house being haunted and asked if she was the resident of this place. The beautiful woman responded that she was and said she had a roommate. A man appears behind her. He looked exactly like George from Grey's Anatomy. The reporter asked if he noticed anything haunted about the house. He said sometimes his stuff goes missing, but that's probably his own fault. Other than that, everything is fine.
The reporters asked to have a look around. The two residents welcome them in. Everything is colorful. All of the walls are painted a different color. Literally the only thing white in this place was the beautiful woman's plastic spoon. But even that looked sort of blue. Something else weird about this place was that everything was blurry. Nothing really had any definite shape. For example I could be standing in the kitchen and looking at the stove. I know that it's a stove and it sort of has the outline of a stove but it doesn't REALLY look like a stove. It also happens to be pink. Everything was blurry and indistinct like this. Not everything was pink though. The reporter began snapping pictures, although nothing really showed up in the pictures because everything was SO blurry. They continued exploring other rooms in the house.

For the next part I am seeing from George's point of view.
I [George] am huddled in the corner of my room, shaking. I'm scared because there is someone after me. Suddenly I see a vertical strip in the wall become extra blurry and I see my roommate run through the wall. She is charging after me holding the plastic spoon from before. She screams and slashes the spoon through my body. I look down and see my stomach become blurry like everything else. Then I feel like I'm falling. When I land I am standing in the most colorful place on earth. I am at a park and there are children and families running around. Everyone is so happy. I forget everything that just happened and everyone in the life before I was here. I introduce myself to someone and join in on a picnic.
[This place is sort of like limbo from inception except MUCH MUCH more colorful and there are so many people here.]

For the next part I am seeing from the point of view of the young reporter.
My mentor is not with me. I am yelling at a man in a news room. I tell him that we need to check out this house more in depth. I tell him that there is a woman there who can walk through walls and is attacking anyone who knows about her. She attacks with a plastic spoon and when she slashes people she sends them to another world where they forget everything about her and begin a new life. I tell him that her roommate's life is in danger. The man calmly tells me to get in touch with her roommate and have him confirm my story. I tell him I can't because he's already missing. The man tells me that I should move on to doing other things and forget all about this story. I argue that my life is in danger now too. He dismisses me and kicks me out of his office.

For the next part of the story I am an outsider looking in.
We're back in limbo. I look to see George talking to the mentor. They are discussing how they recognize each other but they have no idea at all where from.
Then during this scene I switch to George's point of view.
I look over and see a beautiful woman appear from a hole in the atmosphere. I don't recognize her at first, but then I realize that it's my roommate, the woman who attacked me and sent me here. Suddenly everything about my past life comes back to me. She comes at me with her plastic spoon. [Apparently she was going to send me to a new limbo before the young reporter can come down here and save us all. I'm not sure how I know that.] I grab a book that happens to be on the bench next to me. As she charges I hold out the book and stab it right through her stomach. I twist it. Then I pull it out. I repeat this hoping that it will help me. As I stab and twist I see her face distorting.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment