There is only one thing you should know about me.
I CAN'T COOK TO SAVE MY LIFE.
enough said.
But really. Ask my roommate. When we first got out here, I wanted to impress her with my baking skills. So I got a brownie recipe from my mom and attempted to make brownies from scratch.
The key word in this story is attempted.
It was pretty disgusting to say the least. And that's saying a lot considering i'll eat anything.
So now, all I eat is packaged stuff.. (Ramen Noodles). I'm a typical college student... clearly. Today I decided to change it up a bit. Here's the story:
I make a killer red sauce for spaghetti. It's a recipe I stole from my mom (who stole it from her friend). But I didn't want to make red sauce tonight, because I didn't want spaghetti.
I did want pasta though.
I made pasta shells. I needed to think of something to put on them.
So I decided to improvise.
I sauteed mushrooms in olive oil and covered them in salt and Italian seasoning.
After the pasta was done, I coated it in my simple spread.
As you can imagine, the finished product was actually kind of boring.
I came to a few conclusions about what to change.
1. It needs more salt/Italian seasoning.
2. I should sautee onions along with the mushrooms.
3. I should mix up the olive oil/ seasoning before I put everything in the skillet.
4. Perhaps I should put chicken or sausage in the sauce.
5. It needs cheese.
6. Perhaps it could use some other things added to the seasoning blend.
So here's what I've decided. I'm going to perfect the recipe. I'll try different pasta. I'll try baking it. I'll try adding tomatoes. I am going to try all kinds of combinations to make this perfect. I'll keep you posted obviously.
The moral of the story is to try new things. Maybe someday I will be the next Iron Chef!
*Currently listening to "The Sword & The Pen" by Regina Spektor
I AM SO PROUD.
ReplyDeletealso i will totally watch iron chef when you are on it.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI will DVR that episode for sure :)