Sunday, April 11, 2010

Watch out for the little guy.

Walking to church today, I saw ten rollie pollies.

They scuttled across the ground avoiding death.

Imagine living life like that. Everywhere you go you're looking up for something bigger that might bring your pleasant life to an unfortunate end. Then once you die, no one gives you a funeral.

This is sad.

It's a good thing that this thought came into my mind. Lets not crush the small ones.

I saw a spider in my room the other day and I just let it be. He lives above the light over my sink. I named him Charles. Perhaps he's not there anymore, but perhaps he's living a long fulfilling life because I didn't squish him when I saw him.

We can apply this lesson to life also. Sometimes there are people who feel like they are struggling just to get by. They feel like everything they do, the weight of the world is waiting to crush them. We don't realize it, but everyone around us has times that they feel like that. When you smile at someone walking by you, nine times out of ten, their having a worse day.

So even though we may not recognize who's feeling like an underdog on a particular day, think of the rollie pollies, and try to watch out for the little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment