'Things I Look Forward To' Thoughts:
1.I'm going to the Owl City concert in a week from tonight and I AM EXTREMELY EXCITED!!
2.In three weeks from yesterday, my lovely sister and I shall pack up our necessities for the next four months, get in the car, and drive for 34 hours to the other end of the country. Hello Virginia, home sweet home:)
3.My best friend from elementary school is coming to visit me this weekend. I haven't seen this girl in FOREVER! Well I mean I saw her last semester briefly, but we haven't hung out in about three years... so yeah
4.On Wednesday, my sister and I are going to our friend's apartment to play video games. Now I realize that doesn't seem exciting, but these two boys that we're going to hang out with are two of the most hilarious entertaining people ever to leave Wyoming!
5. I have a choir concert on Sunday, which I'm rather excited for.
6. Tonight I sign up for classes for next fall!
7. GLEE starts next week!! HOORAY FOR SEASON TWO!!!!
Moment of nostalgia:
My sister and I were on Skype with my parents and one of my brothers on Saturday night. Gosh I remember before my sister left for college [my junior year of high school] and before my mom started working again when we'd have family dinner together. Often times we were rushing. With four kids who all lead extremely busy lives, we all always had places to be. Dinner would be quick. My family is used to eating fast. We could probably down a seven course meal in a half hour! Anywho, when dinner wasn't rushed, it was quite the event. We would still eat fast [because thats the way we are] but during dinner our conversation is HILARIOUS! All of us talk a lot... and fast too. We always talk about our least and favorite thing from that day. Which would lead to a MONUMENTOUS conversation full of movie lines, guessing games, silly laughs, plenty of snorts, and our favorite game of imitation [this is my imitation of dad. this is my imitation of micaela's imitation of dad. this is my imitation of garrett's imitation of micaela's imitation of me.... etc etc etc]. This all inevitably leads to us making fun of my poor dad... which always brings up the famous quote "Do you remember that one time dad made like 2 noodles of spaghetti for dinner?!" Then we all laugh and quote like that. Eventually the conversation mellows down and my brothers go to play video games while my sister and I stay and talk to our parents until I get bored and join my brothers. Eventually someone clears the table... but that's our least favorite part of dinner. My theory is that we don't dread it necessarily because clearing the table is work, but because it marks the end of that perfectionary family time.
Spiritual Thoughts:
1. This earth we live on is incredible. God is most definitely an amazing artist. He gave us this beautiful earth because He loves us so dearly.
2. Conference was this weekend. WOW! Need I say more? I noticed a common theme about families this weekend for conference. [For all of you non-morms reading this, I'm talking about General Conference right now. This is when the leaders of our church speak to everyone about the issues of today.] It is so important in this world where the family is under attack for us all to work together to keep this sacred organization in tact. It is so important for mothers and fathers to set a good example for their children and to teach them about the gospel. As the world spirals further and further into destruction, it is important that families stay strong and at the forefront of God's army, fighting off temptation of the adversary.
Public Service Announcement:
In my biology class we'e talking about our stewardship over the earth. PLEASE RECYCLE AND DON'T WASTE WATER!!! 80% of the junk in landfills could be recycled! We will kill this earth if we don't watch ourselves. And about the water. People don't realize how lucky we are to have water. Don't leave th sink running. That is such a waste. People in other countries would kill to have clean water like us.
Silly Thoughts:
This isn't a thought.. more of an event.
April fools day was quite an event for me and one of my proudest moments. Two of my friends and I [macey and haylee] moved our other friend's [sarah] room into the bathroom while she was out. posters. bed. rug. clothes. recycle-ables. computer. books. schoolwork. backpack. jewelry. hair stuff. clothes. shoes. and even her refrigerator. We set up her room in the shower area. IT BLEW HER MIND! and also the minds of the other girls in the hall. everyone came to see our work because it was rather impressive:)
End of Thoughts:
bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment