The reason for this post, however, is not to talk about my fear of people, but rather my fear of needles. Wow you weren't expecting that one! I am healthy. There are a lot of dying people in the world who need blood. After all, blood is life. My mom and my sister and my cousin love donating blood. Every opportunity they get to donate, they do. They've always wanted me to do it with them. And my whole life I've told them that there is no way I will ever do that. Now I realize how selfish that is. What is stopping me from giving part of me to someone who needs it? Its the needles. I don't think anyone realizes how much it scares me. The idea of my pumping my own blood through a needle that is jabbed into my arm makes me feel so sick that I try not to think about it. More recently, I've been thinking more and more about donating. There are blood drives at my school all the time and I know that I should go sometime. But I'm scared. I told my sister today that I want to donate, and I plan to; I'm just afraid that I'll back out of it like I did the first time I went to donate. How do I overcome my fears so that I can help other people?
Friday, March 26, 2010
Facing Fears.
Sometimes I feel like the only thing stopping me from doing something that I want to do is my fears. For example, I want to meet new people and make new friends. After all, its not what you know, its who you know. So it is important for me to put myself out there to meet new people. However, I am afraid of people. I know this sounds weird, especially to those who know me. Some people think I'm really outgoing, but in reality I'm scared to death of talking to someone that I don't know. I'm always afraid of how people will perceive me. First impressions are everything, and if I mess that up, then I'm doomed to live and empty friendless life, right? I realize that seems a little irrational. But thats how I feel. I'm afraid to talk to new people. This is something I'm trying my hardest to overcome, but it's difficult to conquer fears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment