Well actually I had two dreams.
The first one was really short.... It wasn't really a dream either. It scared me. I was walking down the street and it was dark outside. Then I heard a car coming up behind me with loud voices coming through the unrolled window. I stopped and turned to see who it was. Then I was shot at. I ducked behind a bush while the people in the car continued to shoot at me. Scariest moment of my life.
i had that specific dream three times last night...
The next dream wasn't so unfortunate.
I went sky diving with my friend. [I'm not sure who it was, but it was a boy. And he was much taller than me.] After we were finished, we went to the car to drive home. We were in Virginia. The parking lot was empty except for his navy blue SUV and a gold car parked next to his. There were also no buildings around the lot; just grass. In the gold car was a young woman with her two small children, a boy and a girl. The boy looked to be about five and the girl was three. [Actually the three year old girl was the same little girl that I met a few weeks ago when I took my friend to the ER. Her name is June.] My friend got in the car and reached across to unlock the door for me. When he opened the door it nicked the gold car because we were parked so close. The family inside didn't notice. I licked my finger and wiped off the scratch then proceeded to get in the SUV. Then the woman noticed us. She rolled down her window to ask where we were headed. We told her that we had just finished sky diving so we were just gonna drive until we decided what we wanted to do. She told us that she was going to follow us in her car. We said that would be fine. Then June crawled through the woman's window and through mine and sat down on my lap. She started playing with my hair. I told her that she had to stay with her mom, but she didn't move. Then her mom told her that it was fine, she didn't want June in her car anyway. June needed to learn how to ride in cars with adults and no car seat. [Thats crazy talk... June was three.] I didn't say that; I just nodded then picked her up and put her in the back seat.I put her in the middle so that she could see out of the front. She let me buckle her in. Then I closed my door and we started to drive. We drove down Pleasant Valley road and the woman followed us closely in her gold car. There were no cars on the road today, and my friend was driving the speed limit. June started fussing and refused to sit in the back. I let her sit on my lap while we continued to drive. [Pleasant Valley Road was longer than usual.] Then a cop walked out of the forest and told us to stop. My friend slowed down to a stop and we sat there until the cop came up to us. The gold car stopped behind us. When the cop came up, he told us that it's illegal to drive with a little girl in my lap. I started to explain [and by explain, I mean lie] that this girl was sick and she needed sit in my lap to calm down, but my friend cut me off. He said to the officer that it's a secondary offense to have a little girl riding in the front seat and since we weren't doing anything else wrong, there was no reason for us to be pulled over or ticketed. The cop said he needed some license and registration because he was going to give us a ticket anyway. Before we gave it to him, he told us that he was going to go give a ticket to the woman behind us. As he began walking back to her, we both realized that he had no car. The woman honked at us and we all sped away, leaving the cop alone. Then suddenly the setting changed. My friend and I were walking across a really thin, long, rickety bridge over an ominous river. The bridge was extremely high, and the wind was blowing hard. A fall would result in death. The bridge was made out of splintery wooden planks and all there was to keep us from going over the edge were two ropes strung on either side of the bridge about waist high. My mom was also there along with my brothers. My friend and I were pushing June in a stroller. None of us could bare to look down because we were extremely high up. We were just slowly plugging away trying to get across this long, high bridge. We had to get to the other side. [I'm not sure why, but I remember knowing that it was a matter of life or death.] We were about half way across when I heard my name being called. I turned to see three girls. Dana Braley, and Nicole and Lyssa Barton. [They are from my young women group from church back home.] They were much further back on the bridge. I asked them what they needed. Apparently I had to write a letter in a thank you book for my church leaders. Not questioning the timing of this at all, I scooted past all the people that were following me across the bridge and walked back to Dana, Lyssa, and Nicole. I wrote a letter in the book. Then they told me that when I reached the other side, I needed to find Sarah Clark and have her write in it too. I said okay and took the book. The three girls disappeared. [But for some reason that didn't seem odd to me.] I went back to leading the group as we struggled across the bridge. Then I stopped and turned around and told them all that going across this bridge reminded me of the time that I was supposed to walk across a tight rope. I was supposed to wear a harness while I walked across, but the people who told me to walk forgot to put it on me. So I walked across with out one. They all stared at me blankly. Then my friend [the boy I went sky diving with] told me that the same thing happened to him once too. I turned back around and we continued walking across the bridge.....
The last thing I saw before I woke up was one of the planks fall beneath the weight of my foot.
ahahahahhahahaha.
ReplyDeletei think the last ten lines are my favorite (: let's go tightroping together!